A wide cross section of experience and background is represented in the Association's membership. People from all walks of life have now successfully obtained the high standards required of a P.S.H. therapist. These include people with no prior experience in this modality, as well as psychologists, hypnotherapists, nurses and midwives, occupational health workers, doctors, counsellors, natural therapists and many others.
Many seek training in the P.S.H. modality after experiencing the life-changing results of P.S.H. therapy for themselves. A growing number of therapists also embrace P.S.H. as they discover the results are very often superior to their current or previous methods.
Prerequisites for becoming a qualified P.S.H. therapist include:
●A genuine interest in helping people to help themselves
● A willingness to complete an intensive course of formal study
● Adequate literacy skills to successfully complete the required training program
● An understanding for the need for purity of therapeutic approach
● A commitment to undertake continuing professional education to ensure that skills are of the highest possible standard
● A solid sense of personal integrity and ethics.
Schools are accredited on the basis that:
● Trainers and their teaching staff have a proven long-term, successful record of practical experience in the clinical use of P.S.H. therapy
● The course content and structure is approved by the ASTA Board of Management
● Trainers and their teaching staff are Full members of ASTA and signatories to the ASTA "Trainer's Professional Code of Conduct"
● Trainers are Full members of ASTA, and thereby bound by all of the Association's by-laws and Code of Ethics.
Persons interested in training as Registered P.S.H. therapists should direct enquiries to:
Principal Director: Gregory Brice
Postal Address: PO Box 5004, Kenmore East QLD 4069 Australia
Phone: (07) 3378 5336
NSW / ACT:
Principal Director: Belinda Hawkins
Postal address: P O Box 468, Bungendore NSW 2621 Australia
Phone: (02) 6238 2289 - M: 0409 619 639